Friday, December 31, 2010

Life in 2010

I know, lazy blogger, right? But I'm going to make up for it today, with this year in review of our lives and an epic music post coming up. 2010 was great in that there weren't any major life changes or problems (knock on wood, I still have 6 hrs left for something to happen.)

January - We got this little bugger:

And the next few months were consumed with house-training, obedience classes and watching my puffy little girl grow big.

February - Scout went to Estes Park for the first time.

And learned that she loved tennis balls. Please excuse Aaron's sneeze at the end.


March - Somebody managed to graduate from obedience school, albeit at the bottom of her class.

And with all the snow that didn't go away, we watched a lot of this:


April - We were able to hit up Arizona to visit some friends and swung by Las Vegas too.




May - We made it on a few hikes.

I also switched jobs, from being responsible for junk mail to government public health statistics. I am happier everyday at this job and it feels incredibly rewarding. Also, the commute across the city instead of down to Longmont ain't half bad!

June - What a beautiful start to summer! I started a garden again and we had tons of our plants blooming.

We also made a quick trip to the IKEA in Salt Lake City to buy furniture.


July - Scout loved hitting up the pond at the dog park. Moxie barely dipped her toes. At least it made for only one stinky wet dog on the ride home.


August - This was the biggest concert month, with Swell Season and Switchfoot having fantastic shows.



I also started reaping the rewards of the garden.


My brother finally got a break from his Navy training to come out and we had a really nice time visiting. Made it to a Rockies game too.

September - We made a quick trip over to Grand Junction to see my sister, her fiance and our grandparents.

We attended Aaron's grandmother's 88th birthday party, an event that is significant in Japanese culture. I learned how to can and made homemade plum jelly and spaghetti sauce (okay, Aaron made the sauce, but I did the packing and canning...) Also made it to a Broncos game and big surprise, it was one they lost :(

October - Not really a whole lot this month. We did go see Mae's final tour, but the pictures from my phone are terrible. So instead, here's something I found funny in Oct.


November - HAWAII!!! This vacation was everything we needed.








December - I participated in the craft sale at work and actually made some money!

There were multitudes of Christmas festivities, from decorating gingerbread houses to embarrassing the dogs.



And look how big my puffy bear was at the end of the year! Sigh, where does the time go?


We're looking forward to more trips and house projects in 2011!

1 comment:

Reading Allowed said...

These are all great photos! You definitely need to blog more, you did some interesting stuff this year!