Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 In Music

I was actually pretty happy with what came out this year. Last year was almost a total waste with regards to good music, so it was great to have a few of my favorite bands put out albums this year. Aaron and I also made it to more concerts this year than usual. We were able to see Brand New, The Swell Season, Switchfoot and Mae (on their final tour). We also went to the Conan O'Brien tour, which was hilariously fantastic!

My top 5 releases of 2010:

Motion City Soundtrack - My Dinosaur Life
This album brings me all the way back to their first one, I Am the Movie. Catchy as hell and Justin's hair is epic as always.
"Her Words Destroyed My Planet"


Punchline - Delightfully Pleased
These guys went through some line up changes, but the newest album is upbeat and makes me so damn happy! Check out Roller Coaster Smoke and see if you can figure out what the song's about.
"Seventy"


Alkaline Trio - This Addiction
This album makes up for the last one being sub par. Classic Alkaline Trio.
"This Addiction"


Jimmy Eat World - Invented
I'd love to see these guys live soon. My favorite off the album is "Littlething."
"My Best Theory"



Mae - (e)vening
It makes me sad that this is their last album, but it's worth it. The band completely reunited for this one and dare I say it has that magic of Destination:Beautiful.
"I Just Needed You to Know"


Albums I'm looking forward to in 2011: Blink-182, Cake, New Found Glory, Panic at the Disco,Death Cab for Cutie, and Bayside. Aaron is also excited about the new Aquabats and Me First and the Gimmes Gimmes coming out.

To end things like I did last year, here's a video montage of 2010's Billboard hits. Too much Ke$ha, but still fun.

2 comments:

Elliott's Mess said...

I too am super excited for Cake. I hope they tour and come to Denver!

Kallie said...

I hope so too! I've actually never seen them live, but Aaron says they're so much fun at shows.