I was tagged by Meaghan of Wild Celtic and highly encourage you to check out her blog. I love her thoughts on movies, entertainment and life. When one of her recent posts was about music, I couldn't resist playing along!
1. Open up your iTunes, music player, spin the CD, whatever, hit shuffle and tell us what is the first song to play...
Runaway by Mae
2. Name your top 5 favorite bands/musicians of all time
Brand New, Fall Out Boy, Mae, Eve 6, Unwritten Law ( I wrote about them all here!)
3. What was your first CD to own? (8 track, Record, CD, MP3 for the newbies)
This is slightly embarrassing, but it was the Men in Black soundtrack.
4. Of all the bands/artists in your cd/record collection, which one do you own the most albums by?
Just mine, has to be 311 and Blink-182. If I also count Aaron's, we add in Alkaline Trio, Social D and Cake.
5. What was the last song you listened to?
Tangled Up by New Found Glory
6. What song would you say sums you up?
Aside by The Weakerthans I could listen to this song over and over and over and over (I think you get it)
7. What’s your favorite local band or band that originated from your hometown?
Five Iron Frenzy
8. What's the greatest concert you've ever been to?
Oof, tough one. Probably seeing Incubus at the Budweiser Events Center, such a more intimate show than I was used to with them. And Mae at the Aggie. Also, my first Warped Tour. I know I couldn't limit it to one...
9. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?
Jesse Lacey from Brand New. I'd love to get into his head.
10. What was the greatest decade for music?
I think I'm too young to answer that one :)
11. What is your favorite movie soundtrack?
Hands down, Garden State.
12. What’s the most awful CD/record/etc. you’ve ever bought?
You remember Chumbawumba? Of course you do! I'm sure I'm not the only one who owned that crap.
13. What's your favorite band t-shirt or poster?
I love my Punchline 37 jersey and Blink-182 poster from the First Date video:
14. Rolling Stones or The Beatles??
Beatles if I'm forced to.
15. What is the one song you would most like played at your funeral? Your birthday? While on a romantic date?
Hmm, for my funeral I'd picked Jesus by Brand New. I'd have to go with a classic, Happy Birthday by New Kids on the Block for my birthday. My friends and I would get this played on the loudspeaker at school for each of our birthdays, even when we were in high school. Cheesy, but hilarious! And for a romantic date, I'll say Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton.
I'm going to tag Amy, Teresa, Erin, Angie and Keri. Enjoy!