Friday, March 19, 2010

Unplugging

I think the Universe is trying to tell me something. Maybe that I spend way too much time in front of the computer or with my phone in front of my face. Amy over at Good Karma wrote this a little over a week ago, then I open up my email to find this in my inbox today. I think this best sums it up:
“There’s clearly a social problem when we’re interacting more with digital interfaces than our fellow human beings. Rich, engaging conversations are harder to come by than they were a few years ago.”
- Dan Rollman, President of URDB.org

So I've decided to take tomorrow off from technology. I'll answer my phone if family is calling, but that's it. It's also going to be the perfect day for it, as we've got a spring storm coming down here in the Rockies. I'll check back in on Monday to let you all know how I've done. If anyone else decides to participate, I'd love to hear how it worked for you too!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

It's very refreshing to do this every once in awhile. Good Luck!

Amy said...

Thanks for the link! I've been having mixed success with staying away from the computer- but taking a day off sounds like a good plan. Maybe I should try it tomorrow :).

Wild Celtic said...

Lol I love that you're taking the time to unplug. It is so necessary and wonderful to appreciate what is out there at your fingertips to enjoy. Then you can also be pleasantly delighted when you come back to find so many new things to read online!