Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Just Another Reason to Like Neil Patrick Harris

I have no idea why I was thinking about this the other day, maybe it had something to do with watching the beginning of Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle. But if you're roughly my age (mid-twenties), there was a show so ahead of its time.

It was Doogie Howser, M.D. Ignore the whole child prodigy doctor bit and think about the ending of each episode. Doogie sat down at his computer each evening and composed his thoughts. I doubt they were "published" per se, but doesn't that make him the original blogger? And that was back in 1989! Those producers were on to something, but I bet they never imagined that within 15 years or so, millions would sit down to do the same on a regular basis. And some would even make money off it. I'd say they have Doogie to thank!

No comments: