Friday, January 30, 2009

I'm Your Next American Idol

I've been spending a lot of my commute the last few days listening to my Ipod. I realized it makes for such a better drive. And there are some songs, that no matter how I'm feeling, bring out the karaoke lounge singer in me. So I've got a present just for you. I want to share my Top 5 Sing Along in the Car songs. If you happen to pass a crazy looking girl, rocking out in her Honda, it's because one of these songs is playing:

5) Fall Out Boy - America's Suitehearts
This is off their newest album, which is starting to grow on me. The video's a little creepy, but listen to the lyrics and it makes sense.


4) New Found Glory - My Friends Over You
Classic NFG, "I'm a dude, sorry I effed this up, but rather than worry about it, I'm going to go play video games with my boys."


3) Cobra Starship - Send My Love to the Dancefloor, I'll See You in Hell...
These guys crack me up and they don't take themselves seriously. And I kinda wish I could dance like Gabe Saporta.



2) The Format - The First Single (Cause A Scene)
It's too bad these guys aren't together anymore, because their first album, Interventions and Lullabies was amazing. They don't have an official video, but I tried to find the best combination of live video and sound for this one.


1) Jimmy Eat World - Here it Goes
This song makes me so happy every time I hear it. No official video again, but pretty decent live one. I dare you not to even move your head while listening, you just can't!

No comments: